September 1, 2013
Breast Feeding Vs Formula Feeding
Breastfeeding is one of most natural methods that helps the mother establish a bond with their child . It’s highly criticised for various factors among families , friends etc .
Lets look into the benefits of breast-feeding against formula fed baby.
1. Always remember that breastfeeding is the best for both you and your child. There are advantages for both you and the child as long as you continue to breastfeed.
2. It is more “normal” than Western society wants to admit. In most of the world’s cultures, breast-feeding continues for at least 2 years. In fact, we all would not be here if the many centuries of women before us chose notto breastfeed!
3. Formula is simply not as good as breast milk. The formula companies even put this on the cans! Don’t fool yourself. It is a substitute…that is all.
4. Many of today’s grandmothers were raising children during a time when women longed to be “liberated.” Formula companies spent MILLIONS of dollars trying to convince them that formula feeding was the answer. It is not. They were just victims of good marketing. Patiently educategrandmothers on the benefits of breastfeeding and you might be surprised by the change in attitude.
5. Your breast milk is the only thing your baby needs for the first six months of life and you are the only one that can provide it. That is a beautiful thing!
Source : Breastfeeding magazine.com
A research conducted by DUKE STUDY is added along with this post for a detailed study.
Posted by InsideDukeMedicine on YOUTUBE
Through this post we would want to encourage mothers to continue breast-feeding as this is the best for the child and there is nothing that can replace this for a growing child.